Fishwick Environmental has professional indemnity insurance and public and products liability insurance, each with a level of cover of £1,000,000.
Our policy is to minimise the environmental impact of our services as far as practicable through measures such as:
- Using train travel in preference to car;
- Avoiding printing large documents unless it is absolutely necessary and in this instance to use recycled paper;
- Recycling all plastic, paper and metal and composting all food waste;
- Using biomass for space heating; and
- Minimising off-site server use.
Our scope 1 and 2 organisational carbon footprint is measured every year. Last year (6th April 2018 – 5th April 2019) it was 260 kg of CO2e.
Health and safety policy
Fishwick Environmental commit to the following health and safety measures:
- Completing relevant risk assessments and implementing actions arising out of those assessments where necessary to ensure the risks are acceptable.
- If a situation is identified in a risk assessment that cannot be mitigated for, this aspect will not be carried out during project work.
- Due to the nature of the business the most significant health and safety risk is from computer use. Therefore a digital screen equipment (DSE) assessment will be carried out every year or upon a changing equipment.
- Testing of equipment and action promptly taken to address any defects.
- Minimising risks associated with lone working by always carrying a mobile phone and by leaving daily itineraries with a responsible person.
Data protection policy
Our policy is to minimise the chance of confidential data being accessed by any persons outside of the project team through the use of a password protected computer, only using hardcopies when absolutely necessary and destroying these documents following completion of the project.